As your trusted service partner, we wanted to communicate with you regarding the recent developments of the COVID-19 virus (Coronavirus) and provide you with our strategies implemented for our clients to ensure their workplaces are safe, healthy and clean environments for their employees.
COVID-19, is reported as rapidly developing in the UK. The London Office Cleaning Company will continue monitoring information released by the Public Health England (PHE), the World Health Organization (WHO), and further information released by national and local government.
Below are the recommended strategies and resources for our Cleaning Operative team to follow:
High Touch Areas
All workplaces have several “high touch” surfaces that can more readily spread viruses if not properly cleaned and sanitized. These high touch areas should be cleaned on a daily / nightly basis:
- Door handles and knobs
- Light switches
- Elevator buttons
- Sinks and faucets
- Washroom stalls and dispensers
- Food preparation surfaces
- Breakroom: tables and chairs
- Microwave, refrigerator and kitchen appliance handles
- Coffee machines
- Cabinet and file drawer handles
- Front desk and lobby surfaces
- Conference Room surfaces
TLOCC also recommends some simple strategies to reduce community transmission of COVID-19 such as handwashing and having employees stay home when they are sick. The following steps are recommended to ensure the best practices of good hygiene in the workplace:
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available
- People who are sick should always cover their coughs and sneezes using a tissue or the crook of their elbow; wash your hands after using a tissue to wipe your nose or mouth and then wash your hands.
- People who are sick are recommended to stay home from work until they are well
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with your unwashed hands
- Use of recommended healthcare approved masks are also additional precautions that can be taken.
TLOCC provide a deep Antibacterial clean, this includes an intense clean over a weekend day or evening when all surfaces will be cleaned from desks to skirting boards and this service is available subject to survey.
Together will your help and adherence to the procedures that have been provided, we can do our part in containing the spread of COVID-19.