COVID-19, is reported as rapidly developing in the UK. The London Office Cleaning Company will continue monitoring information released by the Public Health England (PHE), the World Health Organization (WHO), and further information released by national and local government.
A number of our clients have requested a decontamination deep clean and The London Office Cleaning Company has now completed the first of these special deeps cleans:
Question – What do we need to do to deep clean?
After a confirmed outbreak of COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) to ensure a deep clean, all substrates, fixtures, fittings, furniture (including soft) and other items in the area disinfected, and then deep cleaned.
A deep clean will involve 8 elements:
- Using the correct PPE, including following correct gowning and de-robing procedures for this equipment.
- Isolation of the area to be deep cleaned.
- Disinfection with the approved/correct disinfectant, paying special attention to touchpoints and high-risk areas as indicated.
- Thorough clean of the area in line with agreed standards.
- Clinical disinfection of the whole area.
- Disinfection of machinery and equipment, if any are deployed.
- Correct disposal of contaminated materials and PPE.
- Shower/clean of cleaning operative(s) after completion of the task.
Current Public Health England advice is as follows;
“a chlorine-based disinfectant should be used, in the form of a solution at a minimum strength of 1,000ppm”
If you have not had an outbreak, in order to reduce the risk of spread of the disease;
- Maintain cleaning standards within your premises.
- Consider increasing the frequency of cleans, particularly of sanitary ware and heavy touchpoint areas.
- Ensure colour-coding is followed without exception.
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available
- People who are sick should always cover their coughs and sneezes using a tissue or the crook of their elbow; wash your hands after using a tissue to wipe your nose or mouth and then wash your hands.
- People who are sick are recommended to stay home from work until they are well
Together will your help and adherence to the procedures that have been provided, we can do our part in containing the spread of COVID-19.